- Stainless steel mesh is the most popular woven screen in the industrial world.
Also called 18-8 due to 18% chromium and 8% nickel.
- Stainless mesh screen and wire cloth is use where clean long lasting vents, filters, or grilles are need .
- These meshes are used for sorting and screening of abrasives, liquids, powders and other solids.
- T304 is the less expensive, stronger, but not as corrosion resistant as T316.
- Type 304 is the basic stainless alloy, and unless another alloy specified it is assumed that this type is acceptable.